Tuesday 13 May 2014

Fitness Transformation Tuesday with Emma Brettig

Today we welcome Emma as she shares her fitness journey with us. As she mentions below, she wasn't really overweight but she wasn't making healthy choices either. Please share your words of encouragement as Emma embraces her new healthy lifestyle.

Thank you everyone for submitting your Transformation Tuesday story, I love reading each and everyone of them. Keep them coming and click on the hyperlink.

Until next week.

Stay fit and healthy!
xxDani



How old are you and please can you share your health and fitness journey to date? 
25 years old - For a very long time I tried to be a healthy person and I exercised all the time, but the problem was I used to reward myself with bad food that actually did me damage rather than make me happy. Last year I realised I couldn't be a healthy person part time, I had to fully embrace and completely commit to clean eating to see a change, and thankfully I have! I am so much happier, have so much more energy and would never go back!

What types of foods did you used to eat as a kid and young adult? What's changed since then? 
I used to eat healthy all week but then on the weekend start eating bad, processed foods like: icecream, chocolate, timtams, kitkats, takeaway foods, etc. I now believe I was actually addicted to sugar. I've cut out all processed foods, I have green smoothies every day, eat oats for breakfast, make protein power balls for energy and even a square of 85% chocolate. I really try to not make food a reward.

Do you play any sports or what sports do you like watching? 
I love walking my dog every morning before breakfast, I love the gym: I do weight training 4 x a week and classes for cardio. I'm currently training in BodyAttack to teach this awesome Les Mills program.

What are your interests, passion and what makes you smile? 
Cooking, exercise, bodyattack, discovering new recipes, walking my dog, relaxing with my husband, travelling the world, long beach walks, love talking to people about health and fitness - that's really makes me smile!

What was the catalyst that sparked your lifestyle change? 
I went to USA Sept 2013 and put on even more weight & I was miserable, had no energy, didn't want to exercise, I didn't even want to go to work - I just had this overwhelming feeling that I had to get my life in balance by committing to clean eating 100%

What are some of your dreams/goals you hope to achieve over the next 12 months? 
I want to finish my BodyAttack training and I'd love to train in RPM - I currently work as a dental therapist so my goal by the end of the year is to do this part time and work part time group fitness instructing

What tips would you like to share with my readers about your transformation? 
Don't give up, it took 5 months between the transformation photos but it took about 6 years of trying before that. Diet is key, clean eating all the way- not just the bodily changes but internally I feel so happy, content and on top of the world

List social media that you want to share:
@ems_active_life

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani