Thursday 22 August 2013

Stuffed red capsicums

This dish was one of my fave's growing up. In Serbo-Croatian they are called "Punjene Paprike" but in English you can call them stuffed capsicums or peppers. Typically Mum made them with mince meat and white rice but I have since made my own versions.


Punjene Paprike AKA Stuffed Capsicums AKA Peppers



These are the ingredients I used tonight.



Ingredients
6 capsicums (cored with lids sliced off, reserve)
x2 cans of lentils
6 slices of bacon (omit if you want a vegetarian version)
1 zuchinni
1 carrot
1 leek
handful of parsley
S&P to taste
drizzle of olive oil




Method
Heat fry pan with olive oil. Sauté leek with bacon, zucchini and carrot until translucent and soft. Add lentils. Drizzle tray with olive oil, carefully place capsicums in the tray and fill with vegetable & lentil mix. Bake in oven approx. 40 minutes at 170C degrees or until cooked. Serve with quinoa, feta and parsley.


All I can say is these babies got placed in the oven ASAP. The minute they were cooked, they were served and there was no time to take a picture of them once they were plated. The house smelt amazing! We smashed these tonight and I can't wait to experiment with my next lot.

What's your favourite traditional meal that you have converted to a healthier version?

Happy Thursday!
XxDani


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love it! I will reply back as soon as I can.

Much love Xx Dani